We’re Open & Seeing Patients
Practicing social distancing is the key to halting COVID’19’s spread
As we continue to monitor COVID-19’s impact, it’s important that we – as a community – all do what we can do to keep ourselves safe.
Lastra & Raffel Family Dentistry knows the importance of following the Center for Disease Control and American Dental Association guidelines as we attempt to return to normal, so we’re leading by example. Adhering to state, local, and national mandates, we’re taking extra care, going above and beyond these recommendations. However, we urge that you take the appropriate precautions when going in public, especially when visiting any medical office.
Below is a list of guidelines we will be following at our office:
- Dental staff will wear additional personal protective equipment at all times as appropriate, such as surgical masks or N95 masks, full-face shields or goggles with side shields to ensure an environment that is as safe and healthy as possible for patients and the dental team.
- Place hand sanitizer around the office for use and ensure surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Encourage social distancing practices by minimizing the number of patients in the waiting room by spacing appointments thoughtfully and perhaps by asking patients to wait in their car until the dental staff is ready to treat the patient.
- Advise patients to wear a face-covering/mask when entering dental practice.
- Limit the number of people who accompany a patient to the appointment. If possible, the patient should make the visit alone.
- Assess all patients upon arrival; temperature checks and medical history may be completed.
- Remove items in the office waiting rooms such as toys or reading material to limit potential transmission through high-touch surfaces.
Several precautions must be implemented to ensure maximum safety while we battle COVID-19, but your dental health must not be neglected. Manage your dental health even in times of crisis. Call Lastra & Raffel Family Dentistry and request an appointment online for you or your loved ones today.